Overseas Travel

Should you wish to take your vehicle abroad, you must receive authorisation from both Windsor Fleet and your Fleet Manager. Please contact our driver services team on 01-419-8373. You are also required to take out additional breakdown cover for overseas travel in the form of AA 5 star cover or equivalent. This cover must include repatriation for your company vehicle.


Please also note the following useful information:

  • Documentation –you will require original Insurance Certificate and owner’s permission before taking the vehicle out of the Republic of Ireland. Please contact Windsor Fleet on 01-4198373 for more information.
  • Breakdown Cover –You must ensure that you have the correct level of cover before travelling.
  • Special Equipment – It is not possible to give a definitive list of what you will require as this differs from country to country and from year to year. In all cases a warning triangle will be required, thereafter such items as spare bulb kits, fire extinguishers or first aid kits may be required dependant on where you are visiting.   For further information please  download the AA Compulsory Equipment for Foreign Travel PDF in driver resources
  • Fines – In many countries abroad motorists, particularly tourists, found not to be in possession of the correct documentation or mandatory equipment may have an on the spot fine imposed. This can also apply to motoring offences such as speeding.


Please ensure that you prepare your travel requirements well in advance and that you take extra care when driving overseas. 

Responsive design by PromoZoo

Contact Form Powered By :